17.2 / 18 RC1 (November 15, 2023)
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 release candidate 1:
* Opening the IPTV interface for the first time now offers you the option
to automatically download free, child-friendly, publicly available IPTV
channels from around the world through the Free-TV project:
GitHub - Free-TV/IPTV: M3U Playlist for free TV channels
M3U Playlist for free TV channels. Contribute to Free-TV/IPTV development by creating an account on GitHub.
* Using the "Play Stream" button on the IPTV interface will no longer try
to play an EPG program and will always try to play the channel live.
* New "Play Program" button on the IPTV interface. The "Play Program"
button is used to play archived IPTV programs. If the channel does not
support archive playback or tif he selected program is no longer
(or not yet) archived, the "Play Program" button will remain disabled.
* New "Add Free Channels" button (Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV) that
adds free, child-friendly, publicly available IPTV channels from around
the world through the Free-TV project.
* You can now control outdated EPG programs background colors
(Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV), making it easier to distinguish
which programs have already aired.
* Support for more IPTV Archive playback schemes.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV) to specify the symbol
used to highlight archive channels in the IPTV stream list.
- No longer marking IPTV channels as archive if their "catchup-days"
value is "0".
- That Playlist Editor's search box did not support unicode characters.
- You can now use Ctrl+V to paste Unicode text into the Playlist Editor's
search box (including special characters such as Emoji).
- Fixed a bug that could cause Zoom Player to freeze when trying to
play YouTube URLs containing a space character after the URL.
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 beta 10:
* Support for IPTV Archive playback. For channels that support it,
double-click the program to start playing it. You can easily identify
Archive supporting channels by the icon next to their name.
There are multiple implementations of IPTV Archive support and I did
my best to make sure all were covered, but if something is not working
as intended, let me know on Zoom Player's sub-reddit.
* New IPTV Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV) that clears the
playlist before streaming. This setting is enabled by default,
disabling it adds the channel to the playlist and play it without
clearing the playlist.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to prevent embedded
playlists (playlist files within playlist files) from loading when
Zoom Player loads a playlist. This setting is enabled by default as
embedded playlist can lead to unfortunate infinite-loops cases and
other stability problems.
+ Playing media from the Advanced Playlist Control now ensures the newly
played item is visible in the Playlist Editor.
+ I Didn't like the behavior of the new setting (enabled by default)
that automatically hide the control bar when clicking the video area.
What annoyed me was that it was canceling my action, so if I wanted
to pause the video, it would ignore the pause action and just hide
the control bar. Now I adjusted this feature to hide the control bar
and not block the intended action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the IPTV caches to get wiped clear when Zoom
Player was pruning the media library thumbnail and meta-data cache.
- Playing an entry from the Advanced Playlist Control interface no longer
loses the entry's selection.
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 beta 9:
* Added a clock to the top of the IPTV's Electronic Program Guide section.
* Added a button to clear the IPTV channel logo cache (Adv. Options /
Playback / IPTV). Clearing the logo cache forces Zoom Player to
re-download the channel icons.
+ If an IPTV channel doesn't have a logo or ID in the M3U playlist file,
Zoom Player now tries to use an icon from the EPG XML file based
on the channel name (or partial name) and caches the logo so it shows
even if you keep the EPG panel closed.
+ IPTV Stream Channel -> EPG matching by Channel name (when a Channel ID
is not present) now works when the EPG contains multiple channel names
for the same channel.
+ IPTV Stream Channel -> EPG matching by Channel name (when a Channel ID
is not present) now matches even if there is an uppercase/lowercase
mismatch in the name or the EPG contains only a partial name.
+ IPTV Stream Channel -> EPG matching by Channel name is now automatic if
no EPG data was found using the Channel's ID.
+ The IPTV section of the options dialog is now a lot more informative
with regards to the Playlist/EPG download status (or failure).
+ Closing and re-opening the IPTV interface will now maintain the
- Refreshing the IPTV list after a new Playlist or EPG finished downloading
should now maintain open groups and EPG listing.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some IPTV channel logo from saving properly
and may have even caused the wrong icon to show up for some channels.
- The IPTV Stream list did not display correctly if specifying a DPI value
higher than 100% in Zoom Player's options.
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 beta 8:
* New Wakeup on LAN feature (Adv. Options / System) that allows you to
turn on PCs. This feature is extremely useful when using NAS (Network
Attached Storage) devices as your source for the media and you only
want to turn them on when using Zoom Player.
With this new feature, you can specify multiple MAC addresses to wake
several PCs and you can trigger the wake-up action with a choice of
conditions such as:
1. When starting Zoom Player
2. When opening the Media Library
3. When opening the File Navigator
If there are other use-cases where you would want Zoom Player to
wake-up remote PCs, let me know.
* New button on the IPTV Interface to toggle 50% window transparency.
* New IPTV setting to merge duplicate channels. This can be useful
if you're using multiple EPG files/links that contain EPG info
on the same channel.
* New IPTV setting (enabled by default) to keep the IPTV interface
window on top of other windows and applications while Zoom Player
is in fullscreen mode.
* New IPTV setting to control the screen ratio between the stream list
and the EPG. The default value is 1:1.5 (Making the EPG 150% wider
than the stream list).
* If an IPTV channel doesn't have a logo in the M3U playlist file,
Zoom Player now tries to use an icon from the EPG XML file and
caches the logo so it shows even if you keep the EPG panel closed.
+ To prevent distracting confirmation messages popping up, the IPTV
interface no longer prompts you to update the list once an IPTV M3U
playlist or XML EPG finished downloading, instead it will enable a
refresh button which you can click at your leisure.
+ Enhanced IPTV stream list keyboard navigation.
+ When opening the IPTV interface with the EPG hidden, the EPG data will
not load until the EPG section is opened which results in the IPTV
interface becoming accessible faster.
+ When loading IPTV playlists, if a channel does not contain ID
information, Zoom Player will try to match EPG entries based on
the channel name instead.
+ IPTV channel logos should appear faster if there are broken links in
the M3U playlist file.
+ Closing and opening the IPTV interface window now restores the previously
opened group layout.
- Resizing the IPTV interface window could leave trails on screen until
the stream list was scrolled.
- Right clicking a history entry and selecting "copy" in the playback
history interface returned a jumble result when copying links.
- The scroll bar on the description section of the IPTV program information
dialog accessible by right-clicking an EPG program did not show/hide
properly based on the window size.
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 beta 7:
* You can now easily multiply Zoom Player's windowed skin resolution
from the skin selection dialog (press "N" to open) to better match
Zoom Player's skin to your monitor's resolution.
* You can now time-shift IPTV channels in the EPG by right-clicking an
* New IPTV Safe mode setting (Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV) that
blocks access to Hiding Groups, Adding/Modifying favorites and
EPG Time Shifting.
+ Zoom Player will load slightly faster when using a multiplied
+ Zoom Player's title text now scrolls if there is no room to show
the entire text.
- Filtering the media library by Genre stopped working.
--- What's new in Zoom Player v18 beta 6:
* This feature has been requested by many. The ability to scale
Zoom Player's skinned windows to make them easier to use on
4K and 8K displays:
New Setting (Adv. Options / System) that allows you to resize
the current windowed skin by 200-800%. Please note that this
setting may not work well with some older Zoom Player skins.
* New button added to the IPTV interface that allows you to toggle
the EPG display on and off.
* New IPTV setting (Adv. Options / Playback / IPTV) to hide old EPG
entries (programs that have already aired).
* New Search feature in the media library category editor.
+ Redesigned the media library category editor layout. Hopefully it's
clearer and easier to work with.
+ Pressing ESC with the player window in focus now closes the IPTV
+ Pressing ESC now closes the "Patterns" interface instead of having
to cycle through every pattern.
- You can no longer set an IPTV program start notification or switching
to the live stream if the EPG entry is older than the current time
(has already finished airing).
- The IPTV notification message before a program starts will now remain
visible for several more seconds.
- Loading M3U playlists containing links to ot...
Download Zoom Player 17.2
Download Zoom Player 18 RC1