How to shift apps and settings from old to new mobile ?

Share Mobile phones, Gadgets and Accessories details here.
S_DXer
India

How to shift apps and settings from old to new mobile ?

Post by S_DXer »

Hi All,

I have the following 2 phones :
A) Redmi 5A (MIUI 11,Android 8)---Old Phone
B) Redmi Note 10 (MIUI 12,Android 11)--New Phone

I want to shift all my apps and settings from phone A to phone B without going to Mi cloud as both my Mi phones are linked to 2 different Mi Accounts .

Can some one show me the way how to do it ?

Thanks
Gohel Manish
India

Re: How to shift apps and settings from old to new mobile ?

Post by Gohel Manish »

Use the Android Backup and Restore Feature
The easiest way to transfer apps from Android to Android is by backing up your old device and using the restore function on your new one. First, you need to check that your old device is backing up your data. To do so:

1 Go to Settings.

2 Scroll down and tap System.

3 Select Backup. (You may have to expand the Advanced section first.)

4 Verify that the Back up to Google Drive toggle is on. If it is, you’re all set.

5 If it’s toggled to off, slide it on and tap Back up now.

5 When the backup is complete, you’re good to go.

Restore Your Data to New Phone
Now you’re ready to restore your data to the new Android. If you haven’t yet set up your new phone, you’ll be able to restore your data, including apps, during that process.

1 Charge your new Android and power it up. Follow the prompts on the screen until it asks you if you want to restore data from another device. You can always opt to start with a clean slate when you get a new phone, but restoring data from an old phone makes the transition more seamless.

2 Choose the device you want to restore data from and tap Copy Your Data.

3 Your Android will prompt you to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Make sure it's connected to the same one as your old phone.

4 Next, you’ll see restore options. Choose either A backup from an Android phone (if you have your old Android on hand) or A backup from the cloud (if you don't).

5 Using the same account you’re logged into on your old phone, sign into your Google account.

6 Now you’ll see a list of backup options, which will include your old Android device.

7 Select the correct one (most likely the most recent one) and tap Restore to move all the data and settings from your previous device. Tap Apps to select which apps you want on the new device.

8 While your data is restored in the background, you can continue with the set-up process.
- No Card sharing discussion allowed on this forum.
- Note: Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal.
- All the files available here are kept for experimental and educational purpose only.

S_DXer
India

Post by S_DXer »

Thanks a lot for the info.

Fact is that I usually back up on External Micro SD Card as well as Mi Cloud.So it is very easy to restore from the same Mi Cloud Account on the same phone after fully resetting phone back to factory settings .

However,for the new Redmi Note 10 I am using a New Mi Account as we are given 5 GB of space for back up to each New Mi Cloud Account.
So my query was if I back up the Redmi 5A(MIUI 11) data and apps on a Micro SD card,can I restore it on the new Redmi Note 10(MIUI 12) without any issue ?

Some one using a Xiaomi mobile may be able to understand my query better.

Thanks
S_DXer
India

Post by S_DXer »

I just found the following easy methods which could be helpful for other members also :

https://carolinedeng2014.medium.com/2-w ... 06eb24a384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PdNK4hIa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-wH2Hi6-M

Here is Mi Mover app for Non Xiaomi mobiles.This app needs to installed on both Old and New phone :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... al.mimover